E-30 AF Focus Adj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-30 AF Focus Adj

I wonder if anyone has tried this adjustment to correct AF focus problems with some lenses? I have notice for sometime now that I was never really able to get a sharp image with my 70-300 more so on the long end, and I chalked it up to me not being able to hand hold this lens well enough. Well today I started playing with this adjustment, and although I wasn't doing the adjustment 100% correctly I was able to make a huge difference in the out come, now that I have found the instructions here http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com/image...uctions_EN.pdf I will do a better test after work today, and over the weekend and check more of my lenses.
    10% Off Any Zenfolio Subscription - ZR4-GXW-P2R.
    E-30+HLD-4 | E-510 | ZD14-42 | ZD14-54 MkII | ZD40-150 | ZD50-200 | ZD35 | OM 50/1.8 | FL-36R

Re: E-30 AF Focus Adj

Thanks for this printed and filed will try it out later.
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

imac,
      i absolutely agree with you regarding the results using this lens/camera combination, i cannot get a sharp image (even with fiddling with lens adj.) with any of my lenses, so i have finally succomed and am sending it back to olympus for a calibration/diagnosis....my e510 is better !!

Comment

Hi

Has anyone got a copy of the Olympus pdf document referred to above on the E30 focus adjustment procedure as the link doesn't work anymore?

If so, could you email a copy me please pad.green at zen.co.uk.

Thanks.
        Cheers

Padgreen

Comment

managed to find one, thanks anyway.
          Cheers

Padgreen

Comment

Glad to hear you got one. I was looking but could only find a print out was going to contact you to see if a scan would be any use. I have just got my camera back from Olympus as I was finding soft images and tried to adjust but sent it away in the end it is much better now. Hope you get it sorted.
            Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
              Glad to hear you got one. I was looking but could only find a print out was going to contact you to see if a scan would be any use. I have just got my camera back from Olympus as I was finding soft images and tried to adjust but sent it away in the end it is much better now. Hope you get it sorted.
              The problems a second hand Sigma 30 mm I've just bought off ebay. It's a bit variable at f1.4-2. Sometimes OK, actually very good, but other times it misses what I want it to focus on. I've spent the day doing test shots, photography a test chart Amateur Photographer published a while back and comparing it with my Olympus 50 mm f2. When on a tripod, and compared to the Olympus, actually it's very good. Strangely though, when I go walkabout with the lens, I get more variable results. Some portraits I shot yesterday to test it were soft as well.
              Cheers

Padgreen

Comment

Hi All,

Does anyone have a copy of the pdf they could e-mail me?

Regards

Paul

Comment

Hi

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you a copy.
                  Cheers

Padgreen

Comment

Padgreen - have sent you a PM
                    Cheers
                    Benedict
                    ---------

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Comment

Would anyone have a copy of this please, none of my lenses appear crisp on a newly acquired E-30, would like to try all options before returning to shop

Comment

Originally posted by padgreen View Post
                        Hi

Has anyone got a copy of the Olympus pdf document referred to above on the E30 focus adjustment procedure as the link doesn't work anymore?

If so, could you email a copy me please pad.green at zen.co.uk.

Thanks.
                        Has anyone got the above please - if so I would really appreciate a copy
                        Many thanks in advance
                        Benedict
                        ---------

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Comment

Will not be home until next Friday will post and if still needed I will scan and e- mail copies if still required
                          Ed

Comment

I have the PDF, [E-30_AF_FOCUS_ADJ_Instructions_EN] if this is what you want.

Send me your email details in a Private Message or email me (through this site) & I'll email it to you.

Ross
                            I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                            Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                            Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                            Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
                            X