HLD-4 power grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HLD-4 power grip

My HLD4 arrived today at 17:00 (never known DHL deliver so late - normally about midday). Looks like a nice bit of kit.

Looking foreward to my bag arriving sometime (?)

But Oh Olympus have you shot yourselves in the foot over these promotions, a little bit more cuddly/feely over acknowledgements/shipping and you could have garnered so much more goodwill, and presuming you are just dropping information into a simple database (or even an excel spreadsheet) you could have automated that part of the process.

I would recommend that the marketing department at least read the introduction segments to ITIL on Help Desk/Transaction Management.

Nick
    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

My HLD-4 arrived earlier today. Now need to await the battery I was lucky enough to win(?) in the end November competition.

Comment

And to cap it, the battery has just arrived.

Comment

just learned that I have received a DHL parcel. I am not expecting anything except Oly goodies but wont find out till this evening.

Richard

Comment

I've recieved my HLD-4 today (in Aarhus, Danmark).

DHL third attempt i tree days to do what they prommised. They're not easy to work with.

Now I'll wait for the backpack...

niels
            Olympus OM-D E-M1, HLD-7, OM-D E-M5, HLD-6, E-3, HLD-4, E-400, ZD25/2.8, ZDED50/2.0, ZD11-22/2.8-3.5, ZD14-54/2.8-3.5, ZDED50-200/2.8-3.5, EC14, EX25, 2 x FL-50R, FL-36, Sigma 30/1.4, MMF-3, mZD12-50/3.5-6.3, mZD12/2.0, mZD45/1.8, mZD60/2.8MACRO, mZD75/1.8, mZD12-40/2.8PRO, mZD75-300/4.8-6.7II, Panasonic 1.7/20ASPH, Leica DG Summilux 1.4/25ASPH - Olympus OM-1 (35&100/2.8)

Comment

Originally posted by nad View Post
              I've recieved my HLD-4 today (in Aarhus, Danmark).

DHL third attempt i tree days to do what they prommised. They're not easy to work with.

Now I'll wait for the backpack...

niels
              Neils,

You have joined the ever hopeful band of E3ers.

I found that when I fitted the HLD-4, the camera would not fit in the camera bag

I need the backpack asap as I am reluctant to remove the HLD-4 as its improved the holding of the camera no end.

Happy shooting

PeterD

Comment

Received mine this afternoon just in time for Christmas.

I agree that the lack of the AEL button is a little naff but I have to say the change it makes to the dynamics of the E-3 is very much to my liking. Maybe it is just my big hands

Comment

PeterD

Well it fits - just - in my beloved Leica Outdoor combination sholder bag.

But it doens't too perfect in my Lowepro Mini Trekker AW backpack. Hopefully til Oplympus backpack is a little deeper.

But I don't think I'll ever come to love the HLD-4. The two grips have quite different feels which I think is at bit irritating (I've never had a vertical grip on a camera before, so maybe it's just a question of getting used to it...).

niels
                  Olympus OM-D E-M1, HLD-7, OM-D E-M5, HLD-6, E-3, HLD-4, E-400, ZD25/2.8, ZDED50/2.0, ZD11-22/2.8-3.5, ZD14-54/2.8-3.5, ZDED50-200/2.8-3.5, EC14, EX25, 2 x FL-50R, FL-36, Sigma 30/1.4, MMF-3, mZD12-50/3.5-6.3, mZD12/2.0, mZD45/1.8, mZD60/2.8MACRO, mZD75/1.8, mZD12-40/2.8PRO, mZD75-300/4.8-6.7II, Panasonic 1.7/20ASPH, Leica DG Summilux 1.4/25ASPH - Olympus OM-1 (35&100/2.8)

Comment

I must confess that this morning I almost convinced myself taht my HLD-4 was faulty. I went to take a portrait shot using the HLD's shutter button - nothing! Checked again in landscape using the E3 button - OK
                    Thouht - oh well at least its providing power and waited to get home again.

Stripped the camera and HLD apart and EUREKA! I found that I had closed all the lock switches including the one which locks button operation

I always wondered what that lock button was for and now I know!

Conclusion, if all else fails read the instructions

PeterD

Comment

PeterD

I can recommend reading the manual. At least when translated into Danish. It's great fun

niels

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        Received mine this afternoon just in time for Christmas.

I agree that the lack of the AEL button is a little naff but I have to say the change it makes to the dynamics of the E-3 is very much to my liking. Maybe it is just my big hands
                        I haven't tried it yet, but remember you can swap the AEL and Fn button functionality (sorry if someon already mentioned this).

Ian
                        Founder and editor of:
                        Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                        Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                        Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                        Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                        NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                        sigpic

Comment

Ian

Have you tried the Olympus rucksack with the HLD-4 on??? And do you have a picture of it in the rucksack???

niels

Comment

In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Comment

R Mace

Thanks for posting. I had exactly the same experience using Duracell batteries in my grip and had assumed that Ive done something wrong. The camera starts up showing full 'charge' and after taking a couple of shots red battery warning light appears and the camera sometimes locks up.

Richard

Comment

Interesting about the Duracells. I had a similar experience with the standard batteries - top plate showed full charge (which I accept it wasn't), but the viewfinder showed no charge.

Comment

Working...
                                X