HLD-4 power grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HLD-4 power grip

Interesting idea. Would Olympus accept I mis-spelt my surname on the original submission and is should have started AAAAAAAA........?

Comment

Does anybody who has received their grip remember who the courier was that delivered it?

Just that we are going away for a Christmas break, if Royal mail deliver them there is no problem as they leave undelivered items at the local sorting office. If it is a courier like City Link, DHL there is potential for a nightmare as they just automatically try again the next day and if non-delivered send back to the sender.

Comment

Originally posted by Invicta View Post
        Does anybody who has received their grip remember who the courier was that delivered it?

Just that we are going away for a Christmas break, if Royal mail deliver them there is no problem as they leave undelivered items at the local sorting office. If it is a courier like City Link, DHL there is potential for a nightmare as they just automatically try again the next day and if non-delivered send back to the sender.
        I received my free power grip today, delivered by DHL, but no bag yet. I also had no acknowledgement to my faxed application.

Shaw
        Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
        My Portfolio Site

Comment

Originally posted by Shaw View Post
          I received my free power grip today, delivered by DHL, but no bag yet. I also had no acknowledgement to my faxed application.

Shaw
          Many thanks. DHL, oh my the nightmare could happen. I must be the only person hoping Oly are slow sending the grip out.

Comment

DHL tried to deliver something today but left a note saying we'd have to collect it. The Post Office, in contrast, managed to find a neighbour to take delivery of an FL50 bought on eBay. However it looks as if I may have the grip for when we go on hols this weekend.
            David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

DHL tried to deliver to me too. Have to collect it tomorrow. Hope it's the grip.

Comment

DerekW - because if it did W would be even closer to the end.
                David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

My grip arrived yesterday - same story as most others, ie no acknowledgement by Oly, and I sent details off on 30 November. Delivered by DHL and a wee letter came with it dated 13 December from a happy looking Michael Handa (MD Oly Europe!)

Had a quick play with it last night - with both AA and BLM-1 battery options and all fine. All works very well and a nice bit of kit.

Will Santa be bringing the rucksack today I wonder .....?

Comment

It would be interesting for recipients to post their tracking number for DHL - then we might get an understanding of how many items are being shipped a day and how long the shipment is taking.
                    This space for rent

Comment

Have also put in the other thread but I e-mailed Olympus to ask about delivery times and they have just replied - "I do not know exactly when they will arrive but appreciate your patience"

Comment

The DHL parcel was the grip so it arrived in just under 28 days.

The grip strap for the E1 fits but only with all the adjusters out to their limits. If you've got big hands there may be a problem.

The only AA batteries mentioned in the instructions are alkaline and lithium. There's no mention of using rechargeables or the CR123 holder which is supplied with some SE kits. Presumably you can but does anyone know for sure?
                        David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Received my Free HLD-4 today with a a nice letter from Michael Handa (the Executive Managing director Olympus Imaging Europa GmbH). I have not tried it out yet but plan to do so in the next few days. I am very glad an AA Battery holder is included also since this will be very useful when I am unable to recharge the BLL-1s.

Comment

Collected my HLD-4 from the local DHL depot today - thankyou Olympus. Seems made to the same standard as the camera. I like the fact that the AA battery holder comes in a protective case, also the space for the redundant battery cover is a neat touch. I've never used a grip before so I'm looking forward to experimenting.

The only problem I have now is that my bag isn't really big enough for the camera with the grip attached. Hopefully the free bag (when it arrives) will be deep enough to take it.
                            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by beardedwombat View Post
                              Collected my HLD-4 from the local DHL depot today - thankyou Olympus. Seems made to the same standard as the camera. I like the fact that the AA battery holder comes in a protective case, also the space for the redundant battery cover is a neat touch. I've never used a grip before so I'm looking forward to experimenting.

The only problem I have now is that my bag isn't really big enough for the camera with the grip attached. Hopefully the free bag (when it arrives) will be deep enough to take it.
                              Chris
                              Chris

That was my immediate reaction - hurry up and send the shoulder bag please Olympus. The eye cup became detatched again but this time I was ready for it. By the way Chris, as promised Oly sent me a replacement eye cup which I received yesterday.

I too am very impressed with the grip. Well engineered and thought out. Definately worth the price .

PeterD

Comment

Originally posted by PeterD View Post
                                Chris

That was my immediate reaction - hurry up and send the shoulder bag please Olympus. The eye cup became detatched again but this time I was ready for it. By the way Chris, as promised Oly sent me a replacement eye cup which I received yesterday.

I too am very impressed with the grip. Well engineered and thought out. Definately worth the price .

PeterD
                                It's nice to know that Olympus are looking after their customers. I have now become used to making sure the eyecup doesn't snag on the edge of my bag.
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X