Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLVED E-1 Firmware Update

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...sp?id=919&os=w
    Taking 2nd option "OLYMPUS Studio 1.x/OLYMPUS Viewer 1.x driver for Windows XP SP2" which starts a download from Olympus.co.jp of -
    "DRIVER_WIN_ENU_UP.exe 1.18Mb"

4) Run the .exe

5) Set Olympus E-1 Menu Spanner1/PC Mode to CONTROL, back out of menu, power off camera (leave CF card in)

6) Start Studio

7) Connect Camera to PC with USB (haven't tried Firewire !?)

8) Top left of Studio, select Camera and choose option to Update Camera/Add Display Language

9) Should link with camera, check with Olympus server and provide a panel listing the updates available.

10) Just said v1.5 when I did it, highlight this and take button to update below left.

11) Follow Instructions on screen panel regarding when to disconnect camera and power off camera.

Thought I would key this while fresh in mind, so haven't been able to properly investigate what's changed, but it is happy with a Kingston Ultimate 16Gb 266x card, which seems to give 3120 SHQ image storage capacity. What I did notice was that it took ages to start when 16Gb card loaded first time, but subsequently seems no slower than 1Gb 80x card it came with.

Enjoy

Hank

Re: E-1 Firmware Update

Hi Hank, that's a really good guide, thank you! My 'lovely pair' (!) of E-1's are both on v1.4 since I got them about 18months ago, is it worth doing the upgrade from 4 to 5 as they both seem to work just fine and certainly produce lovely results (IMHO !)
    Regards
    Rob
    -
    My greatest fear is after I am gone my wife will sell my 'toys' for what I told her I paid for them!

OM-1n with 28, 50, 100 & T32, E-10 (now deceased), E-1, E-3, EOS1ds mk2 with L glass, Fujifilm X100T

Comment

A pair wins I guess !
      Don't know if its worth it, Usa website says 1.5 only improves focussing with EC20 telecoverter, so if you dont use that then dont bother, v1.4 included use of larger CF cards amongst other fixes, so thats more useful to most folk
      Hank

Comment

Fair do's, thanks for coming back, they work really well with the ec14 even at 200mm so sounds like no need to change
        -
        My greatest fear is after I am gone my wife will sell my 'toys' for what I told her I paid for them!

OM-1n with 28, 50, 100 & T32, E-10 (now deceased), E-1, E-3, EOS1ds mk2 with L glass, Fujifilm X100T

Comment

Should have said I did the successful update on Win7 !
          Hank

Comment

Hi,
            thanks for Your infos.
            Have now succesfully updated my E-1 to Vers 1.5
            Tried various options on my old WinXP at home before to no avail.
            Got an Win7 Pc in the office, downloaded from the net Studio 2.3, used the key which is in various forums published and it worked.
            Thanks
            fotofox

Comment

Working...
            X