X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The call of the 'Pen-F'

IMG_1756 copy by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

Re: The call of the 'Pen-F'

Yes, I recall that you had tremendous bad luck with the quality control of the Pen F. I hope you fare better if you decide to take the plunge again, but it does seem a shame to buy one and not use it!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I bought one mostly because it's such a beautiful object. I do use it, but not as much as my OM-Ds. For some reason it doesn't focus as quickly or reliably in poor light as my E-M5i or E-M1i, and as a specs wearer I find the EVF switch doesn't work reliably if there's bright sunlight behind me unless I shade the sensor. It does take high quality pics though!
      Regards
      Richard

Comment

I love mine. It is to me a camera far greater than the sum of its parts. Love taking it out with my smaller lenses. I have an aftermarket handgrip for it which was the only missing link when I bought it. As an `object of desire` I love it more than my EM1X.

Tim

Comment

Hi Dave,
          The Pen-F is gorgeous, you had particularly bad luck with the ones you ordered and I understand your frustration with those. If you do take the plunge again I sincerely hope you get a perfect one, actually if you are considering dipping your toes again then I am thinking of selling one of the two I have. Reason .... one is actually enough. It's silver, mint, full boxed and only taken a couple of hundred shots as I have been using the black one far more. I'm off to Japan on Sunday and the only camera I will be taking is the black Pen-F and 17mm, 45mm lenses.

Anyway, I'm not trying to tempt you just letting you know I have a beautiful example that I am prepared to let go as I really do not need two.

In time I believe the Pen-F will become one of those rare digital models that become very desirable and collectable.

Simon
          “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
          ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
            Hi Dave,
            The Pen-F is gorgeous, you had particularly bad luck with the ones you ordered and I understand your frustration with those. If you do take the plunge again I sincerely hope you get a perfect one, actually if you are considering dipping your toes again then I am thinking of selling one of the two I have. Reason .... one is actually enough. It's silver, mint, full boxed and only taken a couple of hundred shots as I have been using the black one far more. I'm off to Japan on Sunday and the only camera I will be taking is the black Pen-F and 17mm, 45mm lenses.

Anyway, I'm not trying to tempt you just letting you know I have a beautiful example that I am prepared to let go as I really do not need two.

In time I believe the Pen-F will become one of those rare digital models that become very desirable and collectable.

Simon
            Thank you.....but.....black only.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post
              Thank you.....but.....black only.
              No problem Dave, if I see a nice one ( often looking at the dealer sites ) I'll let you know.
              “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
              ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Saw this which may be of interest... https://www.nextdaycamera.co.uk/acat...SAAEgJrTfD_BwE
                It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Might be worth looking at this post https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showpos...9&postcount=30

Comment

Working...
                  X