Pen-F Exp-Comp dial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pen-F Exp-Comp dial.

After using OMD's for yonks, E-M5, E-M5:2, E-M1 and E-M1:2, I find the Pen-F Exposure Compensation dial a real PITA.

On all my previous OMD's the EC has been via the front dial, why not so with the Pen-F........Arghhhhhh.

I'd have thought that Oly would have designed consistency into their cameras.

If there is a way around this, then I can't find it.

Re: Pen-F Exp-Comp dial.

I'd you set the exp comp dial to flash exp comp, you can then set one of the other dials to exp comp. That's what I do. I don't find the exp comp very useful either.
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
      I'd you set the exp comp dial to flash exp comp, you can then set one of the other dials to exp comp. That's what I do. I don't find the exp comp very useful either.
      That's better, thanks a lot Paul.

Still loving the camera, a 12-32 is due to arrive before the weekend

Comment

'Exposure compensation' - isn't that something you calculate in your head based on a middle grey reading?
        Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
          'Exposure compensation' - isn't that something you calculate in your head based on a middle grey reading?
          No, it's something you do on every shot to make sure you, as the photographer, are interpreting what the metering is telling you. With highlight blinkies enabled, it's the one certain way to avoid blown highlights and produce a balanced exposure.
          Paul
          E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
          flickr
          Portfolio Site
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
            Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Nah, colour negative film has so much latitude it almost makes it idiot proof.
              Steve

on flickr

Comment

Working...
              X