New owner today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner today

Black Pen F and ECG-4 grip just delivered- well done Wex, great service. Posting because, well........just overwhelmed! Will be used `casually` when away from home rather than taking the EM1 Mk 2. Impressed even without switching it on!

Re: New owner today

I should have added that the F will replace the brilliant EPL6- a fantastic little camera in its own right and a joy to use.

Comment

Great news Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) how you get on.

You have an E-M1 Mark II as well - that's just greedy!

Ian
      Founder and editor of:
      Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
      Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
      Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
      Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
      NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
      sigpic

Comment

I have a Pen and E-M1ii as well. It's a nice combo. Great as a pair when you're shooting "seriously" - both for versatility and as a backup. Great on its own for more casual and social use, or when you just want to be light and trendy!
        Paul
        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
        flickr
        Portfolio Site
        Instagram

Comment

That was pretty much how I used the EPL6. I was lucky enough to have a savings bond mature recently so decided to treat myself to the Pen F. Will get its first use this coming weekend at a steam and vintage fair. Apart from taking pictures of the EPL prior to sale.

Very early days of course. Software update done without issue. Very minor gripe is that with the grip attached it is tricky to remove the memory card.

Comment

Just spent a few days in Berlin with mine and that beautiful 17mm lens. It's a joy but as my first Olympus it's a learning curve. Why does P on the dial mean auto I thought it was program? And first time I turned mine on I thought it was broke, soon as I hit the button I heard a sort of grey noise as if a speaker was crackling, phone call to wex told me to call Olympus where the very helpful man (obviously used to the question) informed me it was the in camera stabilisation, as with everything "Every days a learning day"

Now can anyone tell me if the 14-42 pancake is a good lens or to much of a compromise?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin44 View Post
              Just spent a few days in Berlin with mine and that beautiful 17mm lens. It's a joy but as my first Olympus it's a learning curve. Why does P on the dial mean auto I thought it was program? And first time I turned mine on I thought it was broke, soon as I hit the button I heard a sort of grey noise as if a speaker was crackling, phone call to wex told me to call Olympus where the very helpful man (obviously used to the question) informed me it was the in camera stabilisation, as with everything "Every days a learning day"

Now can anyone tell me if the 14-42 pancake is a good lens or to much of a compromise?
              Justin.

I have the 14-42 pancake and love it. Wonderfully small and ideal for a `walk around lens`when out and about casually.I always take it on days out with my partner when taking shots is secondary to enjoying ourselves. Have used it for close up work too- does a great job with flowers and plants. Its never going to be in the same league as the PRO lenses of course but in my opinion it is a `must have.`

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by 090657 View Post
                Justin.

I have the 14-42 pancake and love it. Wonderfully small and ideal for a `walk around lens`when out and about casually.I always take it on days out with my partner when taking shots is secondary to enjoying ourselves. Have used it for close up work too- does a great job with flowers and plants. Its never going to be in the same league as the PRO lenses of course but in my opinion it is a `must have.`

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Justin44 View Post

Hi Justin, a warm welcome to another Essex member.

P Mode is programme but it automatically sets shutter speed and aperture to give the correct exposure. There is now also iAuto (intelligent Auto) mode which does absolutely everything automatically just like a point and shoot.

I think of the grey noise as the little gremlins who push the sensor around to make the stabilisation work humming to themselves.

The little 14-42 pancake is a cracking little lens and like all the Olympus "budget" lenses performs much better than you would expect for the price. I keep mine on my E-M10 MKII instead of a body cap as a "ready to go" set up. To aid this I have the LC-37c automatic lens cap https://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/...37c/index.html fitted which I would recommend as it means you can keep the camera safely in your pocket ready for instant use.

Enjoy your camera, looking forward to seeing some shots from you.

Regards.
                  Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                  OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                  Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Thank Peter, yup just down the road in Colchester, this camera is a learning curve for me, I want to try and take different pictures, I need to learn how to see things, if that makes sense.

Comment

First outing for the new Pen F was a trip to Aberystwyth. Justin 44 you may be interested in these taken with the 14-42, a really great value lens I think. Playing around with close-up, filters and yes even one of the programmed settings for sunset!! Lots to learn but most importantly am really enjoying it. Oh yes, for some reason I just love the sound of the shutter release in anti-shock mode.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 090657 View Post
                        First outing for the new Pen F was a trip to Aberystwyth. Justin 44 you may be interested in these taken with the 14-42, a really great value lens I think. Playing around with close-up, filters and yes even one of the programmed settings for sunset!! Lots to learn but most importantly am really enjoying it. Oh yes, for some reason I just love the sound of the shutter release in anti-shock mode.
                        Thanks for these, off to Singapore Monday with the pen f and 14-42 so let's see what I get.

Comment

Simple John- have not managed to work out how to post the larger images you other chaps do

Comment

The love affair with the camera continues as does the frustration with posting thumbnails!! These from an organised photoshoot with Timeline Events in the Evesham area a few days ago.

Tim
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X