Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grip

Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Re: Grip

I was disappointed at how clunky the Olympus grip feels on camera, but it certainly changes the handling with big lenses for the better.
      Colin
      "Don't blame me..."

Comment

I was asking about the Pen F, Ed.
        Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Oops. As you were.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Originally posted by George Dorn View Post
            I was disappointed at how clunky the Olympus grip feels on camera, but it certainly changes the handling with big lenses for the better.
            Dave

Comment

It will good to see how you find this, I look forward to your conclusions.

Comment

Comment

Dave

Comment

Comment

I have the Meike version of Olympus' ECG-4 handgrip, which I leave on my Pen-F at all times as I find it gives me a much better grip on the camera when using a wrist strap. However, my one complaint is that the grip part is a smooth plastic with a slightly grainy pattern. Does anyone know if the official Olympus grip has a leather-like covering on the grip to match the camera body? I can't find any details on the Olympus website, but was thinking if it was less slippery than my Meike grip it could be worthwhile looking out for one at a discount know that the Pen-F has been discontinued

Chris
                      Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

I have the Olympus ECG-4 handgrip on my Pen-F, and it looks like, and feels exactly the same as the material on the Pen-F body.
                        Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
                        My Portfolio Site

Comment

Thanks Stewart, it sounds a useful upgrade from my Meike version then

Chris
                          Chris

Comment

Chris

Comment

Working...
                            X