Spare batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare batteries

I was having a look around for spare batteries for my e-p1. Seen some which are 2000mAh 7.4V. I'm just a bit worried by the 7.4V as my original Olympus battery is 7.2v. Has anyone used these and got any advice for me? Thanks. Ian.

Re: Spare batteries

Hi Ian,

I would always recommend manufacturers batteries only. You probably won't harm the camera but you might find that other makes don't hold the charge as long and don't have such robust contacts, amongst other things. In the long run I think it's cheaper to stick to the suppliers spares. I've also been through the loop with OEM continuous ink flow system and they always end up clogging the printer heads. Hope this helps. Cheers

Stan

Comment

Re: Spare batteries

Originally posted by Macpics View Post
      I would always recommend manufacturers batteries only. You probably won't harm the camera but you might find that other makes don't hold the charge as long.
      Hear, hear. This has ALWAYS been my experience. I have ordered an original Olympus BLN-1 spare battery for my OM-D even though there are cheaper spares on e-bay at less than a third of the cost.

I have a Canon S95 that I use for underwater photography with a suitable kit. The original Canon battery lasts 3 dives and even then has 2/3 of the charge left. The Ino-V8 replacement spare lasts a dive and a half, starting to flash red towards the end of the second dive.

Comment

Working...
      X