RAW and JPEG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAW and JPEG

Normally I use RAW only but today tried Raw and Jpeg, with Jpeg set to monotone, as I wanted a quick indication of the effect in monotone.
    It seems however that with this setup, you view the Jpeg in Playback and not the RAW file so I cannot immediately compare the two by switching between the two.
    Is this correct?

Re: RAW and JPEG

Yes, even when you shoot in RAW, the camera creates an on-the-fly jpg to use as the display image. If you then have settings set in camera that are say; Vivid, +contrast etc, when you load in the images (RAW + jpg) into your computer, the RAW won't be the same as the jpg.
    John

Comment

Is this something that might be added to the wish list for the new E-?

Duncan
      Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
        Yes, even when you shoot in RAW, the camera creates an on-the-fly jpg to use as the display image. If you then have settings set in camera that are say; Vivid, +contrast etc, when you load in the images (RAW + jpg) into your computer, the RAW won't be the same as the jpg.
        Hey John have you ever got the presets in lightroom to work for your e-3, I see that nikon and canon camera are built in to auto bring in the vivid, portrait settings, but there are no default presets for Olympus.

I have seen on the web tutorials for bringing in the settings for Olympus, but I have never been able to get it to work

E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

Comment

Working...
        X