• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross the fiddler
    replied
    Re: Replacement LCD for OMD?

Originally posted by Wally View Post
    Having read through this thread I'm definitely of the opinion that Olympus missed a trick on not using the fully articulated screen as fitted the e-3?

Ive been toying with the idea of a Stylus 1, but now I'm not so sure.

Wondering what is in the pipeline on the Stylus front?
    Whatever screen it has, I would put a protector screen on. It has saved my cameras from some deep scratches.

Leave a comment:

• mo_xime
    replied

You seem to know your way around. How do you identify the screws?

Leave a comment:

• Peter_Hartland
    replied

Found it, phone them up or send e-mail to confirm correct screen

Screen Replacement

Leave a comment:

• Peter_Hartland
    replied

Grr so annoying I had a link on Ebay to buy replacement screens for both the EM5 & EM1. I replaced a friends took around 20mins thats all, you need a good drew driver set from Maplins. I I find the link I'll post it.

Leave a comment:

• Ricoh
    replied

The way the 2nd hand value of the EM5 is going, it makes a repair cost approaching £200 uneconomical. I don't know where it will bottom, but there's lots of used examples for less than £300, many at £250.

Leave a comment:

• Wally
    replied

Having read through this thread I'm definitely of the opinion that Olympus missed a trick on not using the fully articulated screen as fitted the e-3?

Ive been toying with the idea of a Stylus 1, but now I'm not so sure.

Wondering what is in the pipeline on the Stylus front?

Leave a comment:

• mo_xime
    replied

Hi

I have cracked the screen on my e m5. Do you remember where you found instructions for the repair? Do you think it is easy not to temper with the weather sealing?

Leave a comment:

• sharon3066
    replied
    Replacement LCD for OMD?

And Ian didn't have another omd so I'm using a epl5 as a second body at today's wedding !

Leave a comment:

• sharon3066
    replied
    Replacement LCD for OMD?

Well got the oled screen ok without import costs and replaced fine. Sadly it appears sensor has broken as well as there is still purple banding on the screen which is coming through onto the images. So it still needs to be sent off.

On the plus side the screen is fixed at less than half the price and in just 4 days from ordering it hey ho :/

Leave a comment:

• peak4
    replied

Does Ian have an OM-D available?
    Alternatively, there is one for sale on this forum. Yes it' s £600, but if you buy it with a view to re-sale, even via ebay, it would probably be cheaper than the hire charge for the period whilst yours is on its holiday in Portugal. Just a thought, buy and re-sell is often an option that folks don't initially consider; good luck.

Leave a comment:

• sharon3066
    replied

I absolutely agree with everything you say Bill - but the camera is(just) over a year old and I have several weddings within the next 3 weeks - and I cant hire an omd. I'm having to hire an epl 5 to give me a standby camera in addition to my other omd. On balance this is the fastest route I can think of and if it doesn't work ... Well it will have to go to olympus or the scrap heap!!

Leave a comment:

• peak4
    replied

My concern is that the £69 will increase, as parcels from the USA do tend to get examined my customs, so you might get Import Duty, VAT and a Royal Mail handling charge to add to that.
    I think Olympus do fixed price repairs and you would have the advantage that the camera would probably get a good once over as well. Depending on how old it is, they might even find things wrong which you don't know about but are still covered by the warranty, even though they are charging you for the screen repair itself. Also the screen repair would in itself benefit from a 6 month warranty.
    It depends if you can manage without the camera for 2-3 weeks.
    I'd certainly give Olympus UK a call it it was me.
    Depending on where you live in Lincolnshire, you could even save some transit time by delivering the camera directly to the DHL depot in Nottingham.
    If it is less that 1 year old, and hence covered by the International Warranty, I'd send the lens in with it for a check up too if you bought a kit package.

Leave a comment:

• sharon3066
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by David M View Post
    Will Olympus repair it if it's a grey import?
    It doesn't look like Sharon will be going for a warranty repair, sadly. But even so I think as Olympus cameras have worldwide warranties Olympus UK would honour a warranty repair even if the camera was not supplied through them.

The same applies for non-warranty repairs I would think.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• PeterBirder
    replied

I imagine that the turnround time at the moment both from Olympus and Luton cameras is due to a shortage of replacement LCD's. It's not long since Olympus decided to offer free replacements due to the "crack in the bezel" problem that got everyone excited recently and they will have had to get quite a lot of extra units manufactured.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X