Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question number 3! Super Control Panel not reacting to touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question number 3! Super Control Panel not reacting to touch?

I haven't asked anything for a while now but I'm back and here is another for you......
    I resolved the issue of the missing Super Control Panel, but now it doesn't seem to react to touch???
    When in playback mode, the screen reacts to touch perfectly, scrolling through, zooming in etc. but I can't access anything via the Super Control Panel.
    I have slowly been working my way through the manual, and changing various things, and I can only assume I have changed a setting that prevents the SCP from being touch sensitive.
    I would be grateful for someone's words of wisdom please, and thank goodness for this forum

Re: Stupid question number 3! Super Control Panel not reacting to touch?

I will look like a fool, but is the SCP touch sensitive ever??

Pete
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by snaarman View Post

Pete
      Put your hat on, Pete! I have had the SCP touch-sensitive, but not for a long while! I can't remember how I achieved it, or how it got switched off though.
      Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Ahhhhh!
        I sorted it by myself (only by accident though, I wasn't being clever!)!
        You have to hit the OK button, and then it becomes active.
        I feel a bit (well a lot!) of an idiot now!!

Comment

Yes, page 28 details this.
          Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Thanks Stephen!

Comment

Oo-er. So it does everything then
              Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

what a manual page 28 tells you wellyboot is an idiot?
                Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
                  No, well, no, err, no, just that I found the answer the same time as Wellyboot
                  Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
                    I wouldn't be at all surprised actually!!

Comment

Page 28 of the Basic Manual is in german.
                      Page 28 in Instruction Manual is all about Playback Mode.
                      Am I missing a manual? or my marbles?
                      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                      Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
                        Page 28 of the Basic Manual is in german.
                        Page 28 in Instruction Manual is all about Playback Mode.
                        Am I missing a manual? or my marbles?
                        The last item on page 28 of the PDF manual, English version, is the first item about adjusting settings.
                        Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                          The last item on page 28 of the PDF manual, English version, is the first item about adjusting settings.
                          Ah.... good to know it was me then. I'll put my glasses on next time.
                          Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                          Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                          Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                          Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                          Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by snaarman View Post

Pete
                            Yes!

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                            Put your hat on, Pete! I have had the SCP touch-sensitive, but not for a long while! I can't remember how I achieved it, or how it got switched off though.
                            I've only recently discovered the extra functions available from the [INFO] key (not the usual ones). I have the 4 way arrow keys assigned to direct functions & the left arrow key (<( selects the AF standard area position & when in that mode, I eventually noticed the symbol down in the left hand corner which is [* INFO] & on pressing the [INFO] key it then shows (in the bottom left hand corner) that the ^ up & v down keys changes the number of AF squares (around the selected one) from one to 9 & then all, while the < left & > right keys changes the (face) detection modes. Of course, these things can be changed from the SCP except the 9 squares mode. There seems there is something we can learn each day with this camera.
                            Ross
                            I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                            Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                            Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                            Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post

There seems there is something we can learn each day with this camera.
                              How many days before we can start taking photographs?
                              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                              X