Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't update to E-M5 1.2 firmware for now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Morison
    replied
    Re: Don't update to E-M5 1.2 firmware for now.

Originally posted by jamsa View Post
    I visited the UK site no mention of 1 anything new still 1.2....as latest version
    Just connect via Olympus Camera Updater and they are there to update.

David

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
    ooooh!
    Since I'm about to take a fully working v1.2 on 3 weeks holiday in California I shan't update until I return - I'll let you guys take all the risks
    Chicken! I've just done mine & it is now nice to be able to be able to review my photos without the sound of the IBIS when in a quite situation. It doesn't take long & so long as patience, freshly charged battery (I also removed the memory card) & connections are all good, then it all goes well. It goes through it's rotating dots display while downloading to the computer & that takes the longest (it might just reflect the slowness of my internet) & then the 'don't touch' & 'don't disconnet' symbols show on the camera & computer while the camera is being updated (which is fairly quick) finishing with an OK on the camera. After that, relief & pleasure with the results.

Leave a comment:

• jamsa
    replied

I visited the UK site no mention of 1 anything new still 1.2....as latest version

Leave a comment:

• drmarkf
    replied

ooooh!
    Since I'm about to take a fully working v1.2 on 3 weeks holiday in California I shan't update until I return - I'll let you guys take all the risks

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

The update service to version 1.2, that had been temporarily discontinued, has been resumed as version 1.5. See this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Footloose1949
    replied

I'm pretty good at selective hearing being married with 3 daughters.....

I thought this was a hereditary/genetic condition which most males suffer from ... I'm told females say that once they find a suitable male, their first task is 'Domesticating' us, followed by decades of 'House-training'?

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

Thanks for the clarification (but, for the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't being entirely serious )
    I wasn't being entirely observant either as I had read the whole comment but only one part of it triggered my response. It must be something like tunnel vision or selective vision (I'm pretty good at selective hearing being married with 3 daughters. ).

Leave a comment:

• drmarkf
    replied

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    First of all, you have no choice & it should fine anyhow. I suspect those with problems had issues with the download whether caused by them (the user), internet service or their computer & home network arrangement.

Just relax & enjoy using it.
    Thanks for the clarification (but, for the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't being entirely serious )

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

Should I keep my version 1.2 because it's going to develop rarity value?
    First of all, you have no choice & it should fine anyhow. I suspect those with problems had issues with the download whether caused by them (the user), internet service or their computer & home network arrangement.

Just relax & enjoy using it.

Leave a comment:

• CJJE
    replied

Originally posted by Alpha1 View Post
    My OM-D E-M5 came with Firmware 1.2 already installed! I guess that someone has confidence in it.

Everything seems to work well, so no complaints yet.......here's hoping.
    I updated mine without problems, and I haven't heard any suggestions that the update itself is at fault - only that the updating process could have gone wrong for some owners. I'm assuming that Olympus will be making some changes to their updating procedure in October rather than the firmware code itself.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

My OM-D E-M5 came with Firmware 1.2 already installed! I guess that someone has confidence in it.

Everything seems to work well, so no complaints yet.......here's hoping.

Leave a comment:

• CJJE
    replied

Perhaps the update is stuck in the warehouse behind all the missing BLN-1 batteries and lens hoods??

Leave a comment:

• drmarkf
    replied

Should I keep my version 1.2 because it's going to develop rarity value?

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
    Will we get another update when the update to the update service is updated?
    Yeah, something like that.

Leave a comment:

• StephenL
    replied

Will we get another update when the update to the update service is updated?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom