Re: My E-M5 II will not switch off

Leave a comment:

• alfbranch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blu-by-u
    replied

Oh dear. You must have been over working this baby. Have to be gentle at times

With the price of the EM1ii dropping, I got a replacement for my workhorse. Will be sending the old workhorse to pasture while I start putting the new thru it's paces.

Leave a comment:

• alfbranch
    replied

This has failed on me again so it is off to Olympus again today

Leave a comment:

• alfbranch
    replied

Posted off to Oly today.

Leave a comment:

• alfbranch
    replied

Originally posted by art frames View Post
    Alf

Yes. I don't think the wet is involved. Mine was like it. I eventually noticed as I usually have the screen reversed, battery usage was awful. So it went away and returned OK under warranty. I have seen a few other reports. But it doesn't respond to resets and so forth.

Note your settings as it will return without them....And I am still resetting things months later!

peter
    Thanks Peter I thought I had seen this somewhere too. It may done this intermittantly before now I think about it.
    I do not mess with the settings much.

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
    If the EM5 II is weather sealed, as I thought it was, it should be resilient to a modicum of rain with an appropriate lens attached. Of course it will switch off once the battery is pulled, then let it dry, or try placing in a desiccanted bag, or similar.
    The E-M5II is weather sealed.
    I do not give it an easy life though.

Leave a comment:

• Ricoh
    replied

If the EM5 II is weather sealed, as I thought it was, it should be resilient to a modicum of rain with an appropriate lens attached. Of course it will switch off once the battery is pulled, then let it dry, or try placing in a desiccanted bag, or similar.

Leave a comment:

• art frames
    replied

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post
    I got caught in the rain yesterday and my E-M5II got wet. I was not too concerned at the time just left it out to dry.

Today it will not switch off. Anyone else had this it is in warranty thankfully.
    Alf

Yes. I don't think the wet is involved. Mine was like it. I eventually noticed as I usually have the screen reversed, battery usage was awful. So it went away and returned OK under warranty. I have seen a few other reports. But it doesn't respond to resets and so forth.

Note your settings as it will return without them....And I am still resetting things months later!

peter

Leave a comment:

• alfbranch
    started a topic My E-M5 II will not switch off

My E-M5 II will not switch off

I got caught in the rain yesterday and my E-M5II got wet. I was not too concerned at the time just left it out to dry.

Today it will not switch off. Anyone else had this it is in warranty thankfully.
Working...
X