Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My X-perience with the E-M1X

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
    I just get Clarity in my basic tab Mark, no Texture or Dehaze.
    I think it's because on this old 32 bit PC I can't use the latest features of LR. Must make the switch to my new W10 laptop and the latest LR I guess for image processing. Just cant quite decide how to cope with the file saving between new and old yet.
    I would think its worth the upgrade...……...

As for storage, I just use external HD's. I save the LR catalogue to them when the catalogues get a bit big..., and clear out the PC's C: drive...

Yes apologies to the thread hijack...………:-(

Comment

Actually Mark I have already made the upgrade but just aren't using it fully yet as I haven't quite decided how to handle my old LR catalogue on the old PC. I suspect I might just start again to avoid confusion but don't really understand the LR file storage system well enough yet to work out how I'd be able to access my old files if I did that.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Stunning shot .
        Rob.

Comment

Excellent review Dallas, very interesting and informative. Fantastic shots

Steve
          Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
          Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
          My website

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. If anybody has any questions about the lens or the E-M1X I am happy to answer what I can.

Regarding the sharpening, I don't know if those default settings are really that important - the point is that I never have to do anything to the slider, whereas when I shot Nikon (and I did have some awesome lenses for it) I had to sharpen everything. Might have been the anti-aliasing filter on my last body (D700).
            My Photo Safaris | My Work Photography

Comment

Thank you for a very interesting and informative post. I don't think I'll be splashing out on one just yet but have recently upgraded to an EM1ii. On hearing this The Wife said "I guess that means another safari". Dead right - back to the Kruger early next year!
              David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Originally posted by Melaka View Post
                Thank you for a very interesting and informative post. I don't think I'll be splashing out on one just yet but have recently upgraded to an EM1ii. On hearing this The Wife said "I guess that means another safari". Dead right - back to the Kruger early next year!
                Good man!

(This text entered only to meet the minimum requirements of the forum software. Really odd?)

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                  In my version of LR the default sharpness setting seems to be +25 but with no NR added. Not sure why it would be different?
                  LR 6 (and previous versions) apply default sharpness & NR values with values which vary according to the camera make/model.
                  Chris

Comment

Here's a few more.

Spotted hyena

Dwarf Mongoose

Juvenile Male Lion

Lesser known chequered shooter.

Comment

Sorry (but only a little bit!) for distracting the thread with the comments about LR default sharpening. Dallas' comment about not needing to do it with the Olys and having had to do it all the time with other kit is the main point, of course. And interesting.

And the shots look great!

John

Comment

Lovely images!

Particularly exciting since I'm off to Kenya on Thursday

BTW I only use ISOs above 3200 for 'record shots', and I agree 6400 is very knobbly, but it's very rare that I find I need to use it on game drives.

I find 3200 is perfectly usable as long as it's exposed and processed correctly - that includes doing well in club competitions & RPS panels, although I wouldn't print above A4. For anything moving that basically restricts the m4/3 shooter to around 30-40' less shooting at the beginning and end of the day - the light is often pretty rubbish then anyway. I'm happy to take that for all the mobility advantages for the remaining 12 hours!
                        Regards,
                        Mark

------------------------------
                        http://www.microcontrast.com
                        Too much Oly gear.
                        Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
                        Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Texture button, where is that? LR standalone or part of CC?
                          sigpicDave

Comment

Thanks for the review Dallas, lovely shots of lovely animals. (Apart from the lesser known chequered shooter)
                            sigpicDave

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
                              It's a fairly recent addition so probably not in the standalone version. In Lightroom Classic CC (the subscription version of the standalone desktop program) it is in the "Presence" section, alongside Clarity and Dehaze (and Vibrance and Saturation).

John

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
                                Sorry if this hijacks the thread, but an important bit of info...

On the latest version of LR Classic (and a few versions before)

Hope that helps...:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X