New Olympus OMD - EM1X ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Olympus OMD - EM1X ?

Was all this info on the Olympus site yesterday?

https://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/...m1x/index.html
    EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
      The only thing I'm interested in is the x2 converter.
      Where did you find details of that? I am interested in a converter which works with non-pro lenses.

Harold
      The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
        The only thing I'm interested in is the x2 converter. If proves OK I'll probably have one to use with my 40-150 to give me a 300m focal length.
        Coupled with the close focus of the 40-150 will be great for close up work.
        I hope that it is a lot better than the EC20. And retaining the IQ of the 40-150 and 300 Pros as well as the MC14 does.
        Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
          Where did you find details of that? I am interested in a converter which works with non-pro lenses.

Harold
          All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

AI should include an element of learning. Otherwise Olympus might want to remove that moniker to avoid disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
              I hope that it is a lot better than the EC20. And retaining the IQ of the 40-150 and 300 Pros as well as the MC14 does.
              Yep I never bothered with the EC20. Time will tell.
              All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Thanks, I was afraid of that.

Harold

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post

Harold
                  Harold,

Dependant on what you want to use it for, it MAY be of interest to you...

Although it only fits the two current lenses, as it has a protruding front element that needs to fit into the rear of the lens, and it also has an extra contact for the lens to know its attached, and a slightly custom mount with an extra tab on it.... (I'm selling this aren't I?)

It does however fit into some of the extension tubes OK so for macro you really can have miles of extension tubes AND a teleconverter - if that achieves anything!
                  Paul

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Whilst bearing in mind that he is now an Olympus Visionary, Robin Wong has an excellent account of his initial hands-on experiences with the E-M1X in his blog. As usual it contains some of his fine photos.

https://robinwong.blogspot.com/2019/...m-d-e-m1x.html

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
                      Harold,

Dependant on what you want to use it for, it MAY be of interest to you...

Although it only fits the two current lenses, as it has a protruding front element that needs to fit into the rear of the lens, and it also has an extra contact for the lens to know its attached, and a slightly custom mount with an extra tab on it.... (I'm selling this aren't I?)

It does however fit into some of the extension tubes OK so for macro you really can have miles of extension tubes AND a teleconverter - if that achieves anything!
                      Thanks. Useful to know but I don't use tubes with any m4/3 lens. I was thinking more of conventional telephoto.

Harold

Comment

Will the MC20 cause the same number of stops as my mc14 i.e from 2.8 to 4.0
                        EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Originally posted by timboo View Post
                          Will the MC20 cause the same number of stops as my mc14 i.e from 2.8 to 4.0
                          All TCs of a given power have the same effect. A x1.4 costs one stop and a x2 two stops. That it because you are sampling the centre of the lens and spreading the light over the whole sensor.

Harold

Comment

The X1.4 TC won't stack as its rear element is not sunk inside enough. I expect the X2 TC will be the same. Pity. Still, the X2 may go on the credit card at one point.

The (non-PRO) super telephoto lens might be useful, especially if its most of a stop faster than the existing light and compact 75-300mm at the long end; and what is a high magnification zoom lens - ultra super-zoom or maybe a new kit lens? I was rather hoping for an update/replacement of the 9-18mm but no sign of anything at the (non-PRO) wide end.
                            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                            Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
                              The X1.4 TC won't stack as its rear element is not sunk inside enough. I expect the X2 TC will be the same. Pity. Still, the X2 may go on the credit at one point.
                              My experience of a 25mm tube and a x2TC in the 4/3 system is they fit physically but, whereas you can have one or the other on a lens and still have full electronic function, can't have both in either sequence

I expect any m4/3 electronic operation will be the same.

Harold

Comment

The EM1X manual is available here:
                                https://www.olympus-europa.com/site/...downloads.html
                                Andy
                                bengeo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X