Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

    Hey everyone, hope everyone is keeping well

    Unfortunately haven't been shooting much with my e-pl1 since I sold my e-5 so not had much to post here, but sorry im back now with the E-M10 MK2

    Only got it today and it was dark by time I got home to test it, but I had quick go in the near dark and Im so impressed with the stabilization, the below photo was just over 1 sec, handheld, not a perfect photo, but im still impressed :-)

    Looking forward to using this more and will be posting again soon

    Cheers

    Steve

    E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

    Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

  • #2
    Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

    Congratulations Stephen and a nice shot to start off with. Welcome back.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

      Thank you, can't wait to try it out in the daytime :-)
      E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

      Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

        Enjoy the new camera.
        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
        Learn something new every day

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

          Thank you :-)
          E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

          Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

            That is a lovely shot, amazing for first outing. Keep posting as I have my eye on this camera as an uprade from my mk1
            Gary.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

              E-M10ii has to be about the best value Olympus camera available. Great choice!
              Paul
              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
              flickr
              Portfolio Site
              Instagram

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

                Originally posted by Petanque View Post
                That is a lovely shot, amazing for first outing. Keep posting as I have my eye on this camera as an uprade from my mk1
                Gary.
                Thank you, will do, it's constantly grey here in Wales atm but bound to get some decent light soon. So far though it's great :-)
                E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

                Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

                  The low-light performance on the above image helped push me into an upgrade from my E-PL5 to the EM-10 MKII and I am glad I did - the high ISO performance is incredible all things considered.

                  Not had a chance to get as low as ISO 200, but very much looking forward to it.
                  E-M10 MK II :: 12-32mm Panasonic :: 17mm Olympus f2.8 :: 25mm Panasonic f1.7 :: 40-150mm Olympus

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

                    Originally posted by thesilverfox View Post
                    The low-light performance on the above image helped push me into an upgrade from my E-PL5 to the EM-10 MKII and I am glad I did - the high ISO performance is incredible all things considered.

                    Not had a chance to get as low as ISO 200, but very much looking forward to it.
                    Excellent, hey do I get commission then ha ha

                    Its an excellent camera and makes me want to take more photos, so easy to use, looks amazing, packs a lot of power for its size

                    When you get the light try shooting at ISO 100 if you can, I find there is a big step up in quality from 200, just slightly less dynamic range

                    Enjoy!
                    E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

                    Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

                      Originally posted by stevednp3 View Post
                      Excellent, hey do I get commission then ha ha

                      Its an excellent camera and makes me want to take more photos, so easy to use, looks amazing, packs a lot of power for its size

                      When you get the light try shooting at ISO 100 if you can, I find there is a big step up in quality from 200, just slightly less dynamic range

                      Enjoy!
                      I'll try and leave the house today (WFH though ) but I have read mixed views on dropping to ISO 100; I guess any loss can be put back in with a bit of Lightroom?
                      E-M10 MK II :: 12-32mm Panasonic :: 17mm Olympus f2.8 :: 25mm Panasonic f1.7 :: 40-150mm Olympus

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

                        Originally posted by thesilverfox View Post
                        I'll try and leave the house today (WFH though ) but I have read mixed views on dropping to ISO 100; I guess any loss can be put back in with a bit of Lightroom?
                        Oh yes absolutely as long as you shoot in raw, you can recover loads of detail. If I'm serious about taking a photo I will always switch to iso 100 for max quality, but if in a rush I find auto iso does a great job and I'm happy with this camera to go upto iso 3200 :-)
                        E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

                        Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

                          Originally posted by stevednp3 View Post
                          Oh yes absolutely as long as you shoot in raw, you can recover loads of detail. If I'm serious about taking a photo I will always switch to iso 100 for max quality, but if in a rush I find auto iso does a great job and I'm happy with this camera to go upto iso 3200 :-)
                          Late reply (busy of course), but surprised how quiet the MK2 forum is here

                          I've played a bit since receiving the camera, but not to the extent I would like just yet. A few lovely images (got the 25mm Panny 1.7 at Christmas) and borrowed a 12-40 Pro last weekend, which has got me feeling itchy to buy one at some point...

                          Anyone finding that they prefer using electronic shutter more than mechanical?
                          E-M10 MK II :: 12-32mm Panasonic :: 17mm Olympus f2.8 :: 25mm Panasonic f1.7 :: 40-150mm Olympus

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

                            Originally posted by thesilverfox View Post
                            Late reply (busy of course), but surprised how quiet the MK2 forum is here

                            I've played a bit since receiving the camera, but not to the extent I would like just yet. A few lovely images (got the 25mm Panny 1.7 at Christmas) and borrowed a 12-40 Pro last weekend, which has got me feeling itchy to buy one at some point...

                            Anyone finding that they prefer using electronic shutter more than mechanical?
                            Yes it is a bit quiet and I know lots of people who got this model :-/

                            Ive been lusting after the 12-40 too but at the moment Ive been buying old OM lenses, find them a breeze to use with the focus peaking and quality is excellent.

                            Ive tried both shutters and think I prefer the mechanical, only because I find it reassuring that Ive taken a photo lol
                            E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

                            Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Just got my new E-M10 Mk2

                              This is a very under rated camera,i bought one as a back up for my GX8 and have been amazed at what i can do with it.
                              Now ime not complaining but if the CAF was as good as the GX8 i would only be using the EM,as i say not complaining because it is half the price but with a ebay grip fitted it handles for me better than the Panasonic.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom