Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery suggestions E-M1

Re: Battery suggestions E-M1

I've got some Ex-Pros for my EM-1. I'm not sure that they have quite the capacity of the genuine Olympus battery but on a cost/capacity basis I think they're very good value. I find that the Oly charger doesn't seem to charge them properly so it's worth while buying the Ex-Pro charger too.
    Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

I'm looking to buy a spare for my 5mk2, and the Expro's do seem great value.. any thoughts on their standard grey model or the white 'ultra power' with higher mAh rating?
      Junk on Flickr
      Even more Junk on Instagram

Comment

I find that the Expro 'white' series work very well on both my E-M5 and E-M1, and seem fully compatible with both the cameras and Olympus chargers
        Mike
        visit my Natural History Photos website:
        http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

I have one of these and it works very well.

https://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/dig...RoCISIQAvD_BwE
          Last edited by Graham_of_Rainham; 29th June 2019, 10:41 AM. Reason: Wrong link
          Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

I only use Expros in my EP-5. The tiny charger is also very handy as it has a USB input.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Graham, I looked at the Duracell when I was looking for an alternative. It's good to have a recommendation for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post

https://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/dig...RoCISIQAvD_BwE

Please note, this battery is not suitable for any Olympus branded hand grip accessory products
                Is that a problem with all third party batteries, or just those that don't have the correct chipping? And would an Oly battdry in the grip and a third party one in the body work?

Comment

I use Expro in the body and grip of both the EM1 and EM5 without a problem.
                  David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Been using these for years (I have 4 of them) and never had any problems. Work superbly: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Steve
                    Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
                    Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
                    My website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                      A glance at the "Reviews" section (below the picture of the Duracell battery) does not make very encouraging reading...

Comment

Junk on Flickr
                        Even more Junk on Instagram

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions. Like Chris, I've gone for the Ex-Pro White battery, but also hedged my bets with one of the high power chipped batteries too.

I'd post the link, but Gort doesn't quite trust me yet.

Will let you know how I get on with those.

Comment

I use ExPro whites in my E-M5 Mk II (and the E-M1 Mk 1) before it and they behave identically to the OEM. The whites are the only 3rd party battery that is fully chipped and uses A grade cells. The greys are partially decoded.

Sadly they never made a fully chipped one for the E-M1 Mk2.

Comment

One of my pet hates is the people on Amazon and other sites who give reviews, having 'tested' a piece of tech for a week then go on to claim it's brilliant. That's why I've not reported back on the results from using the two ExPro batteries I bought on recommendation from members of the group back in July. I like to give them a chance to prove themselves!

The ExPro High Power Chipped battery gave disappointing, but steady output of just over 150 shots. I'd hoped for better, but was fairly satisfied with that.

The ExPro White battery was much better and still powers its way through 300 odd shots without fail.

Both batteries were tested 'in the field', in fact in quite a few fields, on paths, up hills and occasionally on beaches. They charge quite happily on the USB powered charger which is really convenient, especially in the car.

Thank you for all the help given and I hope this long term test will be of use to other readers.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom