X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeterBirder
    replied
    Re: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Warranty

Actually it's even better than that. Three years additional warranty in addition to the standard two years plus six months for registering, total five and a half years. They are confident in their products.

Leave a comment:

• The Technician
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PeterBirder
    replied

Originally posted by shenstone View Post
    You know that its really sad that so many posts on this forum are about warranties and repairs.

When we started on here the posts were about pictures and I never considered the warranty other than being a bit of paper I put in a drawer and forgot about

I have to say that it's all these posts that stop me moving to micro 4/3 which I know I will need to sometime but I hope for some robustnes and reliability improvements first

Regards
    Andy
    Hi Andy.
    I can understand where you are coming from. However, there are a number of factors that I suspect lead you to a rather too pessimistic perception.

Firstly, the group has many more members now and secondly there are many many more Olympus cameras "in circulation", especially since the introduction of the OM-D range. The existence of more cameras and more members will inevitably mean that you will read a greater number of references to warranty/repairs but it is quite possible that the actual reliability statistics

Leave a comment:

• shenstone
    replied

You know that its really sad that so many posts on this forum are about warranties and repairs.

When we started on here the posts were about pictures and I never considered the warranty other than being a bit of paper I put in a drawer and forgot about

I have to say that it's all these posts that stop me moving to micro 4/3 which I know I will need to sometime but I hope for some robustnes and reliability improvements first

Regards
    Andy

Leave a comment:

• DerekW
    replied

Thanks for explaining - I should get my package in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• Wee man
    replied

Got mine sorted by phone , they send out paperwork with the code number which you input in the registered section of the Olympus site

Leave a comment:

• PeterBirder
    replied

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
    How is the proof of warranty delivered - is it the email that delivers the invoice or is there a special piece of paper shipped to prove the warranty?
    The extra warranty is "delivered" as a code which you have to use to activate it on the My Olympus site. https://my.olympus-consumer.com/

In my case I got the three year extended warranty free for pre- ordering the E-M10 Mk II. It came as a box (about the size of a CD containing various bits of paper including the magic code) from SRS from whom I bought the camera. It pays to register any bodies and lenses you buy with My Olympus as you automatically get six months extra warranty ( on a new purchase) just for registering. It then means that Olympus have a record of the dates of purchase and serial numbers of all your kit which makes life much simpler if you need to resolve any problems in the future.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• DerekW
    replied

How is the proof of warranty delivered - is it the email that delivers the invoice or is there a special piece of paper shipped to prove the warranty?

Leave a comment:

• Wee man
    replied

As above, but cannot make contact due to site maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied

Thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• WPJ
    replied

https://shop.olympus.eu/UK-en/other-...ies-p-2328.htm

Leave a comment:

• peak4
    replied

I might be having an old age moment, but I can't see it anywhere on the Olympus.co.uk site.
    Even searching for "Extended Warranty" only turns up a couple of things which aren't applicable (Just the Service Plus 6 month extension).
    There is however an option under My Products to register the number of the 3 year extended warranty.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

It's a nice idea but I shall probably replace it with the Mk2 before then!

Leave a comment:

• DavyG
    replied

Originally posted by CJJE View Post
    In view of the number of people reporting faulty rear wheels and attachment lugs this could well be a very wise purchase!

Chris
    Agreed, I took this out last week, the warranty on my E-M1 now continues to April 2019.

I purchased my Olympus extended warranty from WEX.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• CJJE
    replied

In view of the number of people reporting faulty rear wheels and attachment lugs this could well be a very wise purchase!

Chris

Leave a comment:

Working...
X