X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brian1208
    replied
    Re: Delivery dates...

Well done Jessops, the camera arrived this morning (ordered on 6th October). What a lovely package it is too

Leave a comment:

• jamsa
    replied

Originally posted by anroo View Post
    I had the same call from SRS, fantastic service.
    I'm so jealous! Ffordes told me they only had one camera arrive and go out to whoever was first on the list.. ( not me)...

Leave a comment:

• anroo
    replied

Originally posted by bredman View Post
    Whoaa ... SRS just phoned and asked me if i wanted the body for now and the 12-40 will follow at a later date. They'll bill me for the body and make up the difference when the lens is ready.

Bring it on.
    I had the same call from SRS, fantastic service.

Leave a comment:

• jamsa
    replied

Originally posted by bredman View Post
    Whoaa ... SRS just phoned and asked me if i wanted the body for now and the 12-40 will follow at a later date. They'll bill me for the body and make up the difference when the lens is ready.

Bring it on.
    That's what I have been saying should happen! Good on SRS! :-)

Leave a comment:

• brian1208
    replied

now that is good service!

Leave a comment:

• bredman
    replied

Bring it on.

Leave a comment:

• brian1208
    replied

I should be getting mine from Jessops tomorrow (so long as nothing untoward happens )

So far, so very helpful for Jessops

Leave a comment:

• Olybirder
    replied

Originally posted by brian1208 View Post
    In a moment of inspiration I thought to check the Jessops website and spotted that they were showing the EM-1 as in stock for home delivery

A quick call confirmed that they did indeed have 2 in stock (12-50 kits) so I have now cancelled my pre-order with WEX and expect delivery of my EM-1 on this Tuesday

If the rest of the service is as good as their phone ordering service - kudos to Jessops. I always liked dealing with them before they went bust and the new set-up seems pretty responsive
    Jessops are still showing the 12-50 kits as in stock for home delivery or collection, if anyone is interested.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• paullus
    replied

No problem Colin. If you hadn't posted the link I wouldn't have checked it out.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• George Dorn
    replied

My installation of Chrome translates it into some semblance of English, by itself, sorry!

Leave a comment:

• brian1208
    replied

In a moment of inspiration I thought to check the Jessops website and spotted that they were showing the EM-1 as in stock for home delivery

A quick call confirmed that they did indeed have 2 in stock (12-50 kits) so I have now cancelled my pre-order with WEX and expect delivery of my EM-1 on this Tuesday

If the rest of the service is as good as their phone ordering service - kudos to Jessops. I always liked dealing with them before they went bust and the new set-up seems pretty responsive

Leave a comment:

• jamsa
    replied

I followed the link posted and read through the recent comments and one customer posted the following.... Yikes! (hope it's not the same for the UK)
    "...
    For comparison’s sake, I ordered an E-M1, 12-40mm lens, and battery grip about an hour after Amazon U.S. started allowing pre-orders last month. Today I received an email with these expected delivery dates:E-M1 body — 18-22 OctoberHLD-7 battery grip — 21-25 November12-40mm lens — 12-16 December... "

Leave a comment:

• paullus
    replied

Originally posted by George Dorn View Post
    According to that rumour site, Olympus Japan have issued a delay warning for the 12-40 kits due to high demand.

Sorry George but your link is to a Japanese language site.
    I think this might be what you were pointing to:

http://www.43rumors.com/olympus-issu...part-5-review/

A Google translation of the Japanese web page looks like this:

October 4 2013
    Notice of going to send the E-M1 12-40mmF2.8 lens kit

Regarding the Company plans to launch on 19 October 2013 in the "OM-D E-M1 12-40mmF2.8 lens kit", it has received the reservation more than expected, released initially after sufficient quantity that you can not afford is expected, there is a case to have time to deliver.
    I apologize from the bottom of my heart that We apologize for any inconvenience to our customers and have you wait.

Doesn't say who issued the warning or any details on the extent of the delay. I certainly hope that Olympus will be able to fulfil the earliest of the orders placed. I can only hope I'm on that short list having placed my order on 12th September.
    I must admit to feeling a bit miffed now about the fact that my payment in full was taken on 30th September. Fortunately I have only been charged for one order despite my original cancelled order still showing in my account.
    When I did contact Olympus support they were very friendly and helpful and they did say they work Monday to Friday. So we won't be getting anything from them over the weekend.

What I do find sad is for Olympus to be so overwhelmed with orders to the point where demand has outstripped supply they have seriously misjudged their popularity in the market and what people are prepared to pay for.

So the deadline to watch for the 12-40 kit release is now 19th October.
    Happy days!

Steve

Leave a comment:

• George Dorn
    replied

According to that rumour site, Olympus Japan have issued a delay warning for the 12-40 kits due to high demand.

Leave a comment:

• timd1230
    replied

Dave was playing with "HIS" e-m1 when I picked mine up !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X