• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hover Fly

by Mark Johnson, on Flickr

Comment

• Re: v3 Firmware for mk2 - updates for mk2, m1x and lenses

Well Done. Great image. Hope your battery lasts Loyts longer than mine. I going down there Tomorrow..

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Russ View Post
        Well Done. Great image. Hope your battery lasts Loyts longer than mine. I going down there Tomorrow..
        Hi Dennis, hope to meet you there sometime. Alas, I am unable to do tomorrow, and I volunteer there on Wednesdays. Not to many boids around, but with the hot weather, insects and butterflies should abound...…….

My battery (ies) are good, and have no problems with them lasting the day/week sometime fortnights...……….

Look forward to seeing some of your results...…………...

PS GREAT website.....

Comment

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
          Possible systematic issue for some people updating via Mojave on Macs: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62816846
          I suppose I should count myself lucky that, although my MacBook Pro has been updated to Mojave, my big 27" iMac, on which I do most of my work while at home, is still running on High Sierra. My V3 firmware update worked beautifully and installed on the first attempt using Olympus Workspace Version 1.1.0.
          Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
          Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

I am running Mojave on my iMac and it worked for me, guess I was one of the lucky ones.

If it was that serious I would expect Olympus to flag the issue on their download website to stop people doing it. To allow it to continue and effectively brick peoples cameras is very poor cusomer service.
            Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Possible systematic issue for some people updating via Mojave on Macs: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62816846
              Worked fine using the freestanding Camera Updater v2.1.1 on my MacBook which is running Mojave 10.14.5
              Chris

Comment

Sounds like more people had not yet learned to use Olympus Workspace to do the update. The ones that did, it worked.
                Olympus should have made it clear that it is best for everyone, PC and Mac, to use Workspace.

Comment

No issues seen here... BUT, the potential bug I found appears to have been dirty contacts on the lens (BIG finger print in place) no issues since a reset and a clean!
                  Paul

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Originally posted by Growltiger View Post
                    Sounds like more people had not yet learned to use Olympus Workspace to do the update. The ones that did, it worked.
                    Olympus should have made it clear that it is best for everyone, PC and Mac, to use Workspace.
                    I haven't bothered to download workspace and the stand alone updater worked fine.
                    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
                      I haven't bothered to download workspace and the stand alone updater worked fine.
                      Using the old updater works for some and not for others. Best to make sure you are using v2.2 of the updater - it shows the version number at bottom right when you run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Growltiger View Post
                        Using the old updater works for some and not for others. Best to make sure you are using v2.2 of the updater - it shows the version number at bottom right when you run it.
                        Indeed - I always check the updater version first - just in case they’ve added something to the firmware that needs a new Updater!
                        Paul

Comment

A friend who does a lot of video and has a mix of Panasonic, Oly and Sony bodies, says for many uses the M1ii and X now are the very best option for their needs.

They do full VLOG, have excellent, smooth CA focusing, a fully articulated screen and image stabilisation (so you don't need a 'rig'). No other option apparently ticks all those boxes, including the Fuji XT-3, Sony A6400 or any Panasonic body.
                          Regards,
                          Mark

------------------------------
                          http://www.microcontrast.com
                          Too much Oly gear.
                          Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
                          Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Did you get ther downlad OK in the end???

Comment

I'm another that successfully managed to update using Mojave, plus I don't have the workspace installed just the Olympus digital camera updater, and mine is only version 2.0, I didn't even realise that there was a newer version.

Why am I not offered any updates, does it not have an updater and you have to download new software from Olly? If it's the latter how're you supposed to know when there's and update?
                              Nikon Z7, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 18-35mm f3.5-4.5G, 24-70mm f4, 85m f1.8, 50mm f1.8, Nikon SB-700.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, Panasonic Leica 100-400mm, 40-150mm f2.8, 40-150mm f4-5.6 R, 45mm f1.8

My Flickr
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.tobygunneephotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by snerkler View Post
                                I'm another that successfully managed to update using Mojave, plus I don't have the workspace installed just the Olympus digital camera updater, and mine is only version 2.0, I didn't even realise that there was a newer version.

Why am I not offered any updates, does it not have an updater and you have to download new software from Olly? If it's the latter how're you supposed to know when there's and update?
                                The answer is simple. You are supposed to run the Olympus Workspace program. It updates all the software including itself and the updater, and it runs the camera updater too.

Why do people want to mess around with it all themselves when Olympus gives them something far simpler?

Comment

Working...
                                X