Firmware Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firmware Update

Somebody on the DPR Forums has installed version 2 now, using an SD card. It is not available via the installer application yet. Apparently his camera is not bricked and the small focus points do exist! Interesting times ahead.

Ron

Comment

Do we need to update any Oly or Panny lenses to acomadate new V2 features?
      Cliff, my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/cliffscrivens/

Comment

Didn't update to v1.4 but will definitely go for this one. Anyone know if I have to update to 1.4 first or can I just do it in one go? Oh and will I end up loosing all my settings?
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Just upgraded from the BIN file. All seems OK so far...

Only difference I can see is that the small focus point is back.
          Paul
          E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
          flickr
          Portfolio Site
          Instagram

Comment

I will do mine tomorrow after a sleep. And a read of others experiences
            Dave

My Flickr

Comment

All in all, this seems like a pretty minor upgrade. I'm somewhat disappointed.
              Paul
              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
              flickr
              Portfolio Site
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                All in all, this seems like a pretty minor upgrade. I'm somewhat disappointed.
                Oh come on, they named it 2.0 so has to be good! Anyhow, enjoy your sleep & I'll update mine the usual way as soon as Olympus put it up later today (Wednesday down-under).

Ross
                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                  Just upgraded from the BIN file. All seems OK so far...

Only difference I can see is that the small focus point is back.
                  But did you run the Olympus updater first to store your settings? Doing it the .BIN file method means all your settings will be back to default (because it was updating to a major level being 2.0).
                  Ross
                  Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

MY E-M1 Mk II went well, but a reminder for Mk I users updating to FW4.4, I didn't read the warning about losing my settings & found out the hard way! And it was only for a lens I don't use!

Here is a blog from Oly downunder. https://www.olympus.com.au/Learn-Exp...mware-Upgrades

Ross

Comment

Update completed successfully just now using Olympus Digital Camera Updater app.

Body now at 2.0. small focus points selectable, not tried anything else.
                      12-100. now at 1.3. focus stacking confirmed to now work.
                      300. now at 1.4

there was no update available for the 40-150 or the TC 14

All seems OK, although did have a scare when it said it failed to restore settings. But on checking it actually had restored them.
                      Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Just got this from another site.

The User Manuals have been updated.

http://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/supp...l/pen.cfm#body
                        Dave

My Flickr

Comment

I have yet to test the Small AF Target more but it seems it hasn't solved all the small area focussing issues (for me). Here is a subject in my neighbours place that I have trouble focussing on whereas the E-M1 with just CD-AF seems to do OK. To be fair it was into the afternoon light & I didn't test the E-M1 at the same time. Tomorrow I will.

And cropped.

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                          Update completed successfully just now using Olympus Digital Camera Updater app.

Body now at 2.0. small focus points selectable, not tried anything else.
                          12-100. now at 1.3. focus stacking confirmed to now work.
                          300. now at 1.4

there was no update available for the 40-150 or the TC 14

All seems OK, although did have a scare when it said it failed to restore settings. But on checking it actually had restored them.
                          Just so you know, the MC14 (assuming you meant that & not the TC14) is an unintelligent device relying on the lens to report it in use, so it doesn't have any firmware in it. Also, I understand it is recommended to not have it in when updating the lens.
                          Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                            Just so you know, the MC14 (assuming you meant that & not the TC14) is an unintelligent device relying on the lens to report it in use, so it doesn't have any firmware in it. Also, I understand it is recommended to not have it in when updating the lens.

Thanks for that, showing my Nikon background I guess. The update for the 300mm with the MC14 attached did actually work OK but I won't risk it again.
                            Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Just wondering if the latest software (firmware, 1's and 0's ware) will help in making better photography, or is a release by Olympus to keep the 'gear-heads' happy.

Someone must have written a Linux Distro by now, and armed with the source code and knowledge of the hardware (reverse engineering anyone?) you may be able to make it do all sorts of things.
                              Steve

on flickr

Comment

Mine done, unable to restore custom settings. Tried several times to no avail.
                                Everything else ok, 300mm also done.

Comment

Working...
                                X