• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Station

Shot tonight OMD MKII 300f4pro + 1.4tc 1/1600 f5.6 iso 400
    Rob.
    Attached Files

Re: Space Station

Looks good as far as I can see it. Are you able to upload a full size image?

You did very well to get what detail I can see............

Comment

That's 100% crop any bigger it just goes into pixels, on the full frame you see nothing at all .
      Rob

Comment

Hey Rob,
        You beat me to it! I have been waiting for a clear night to try out the 300/4 + MC-14 on Polaris and on the ISS.... problem is, around here you don't get many clear nights.
        You should try stacking with the ISS to help overcome atmospheric disturbances. If you set the camera on say, 10FPS you can get enough material within a couple of seconds to do a stack. Even 4 or 5 frames can make a huge difference. Here is a stack of three, taken through my 600mm scope and EC-14 (mounted on my Lensmaster!!) on a very windy but relatively clear night in April this year.

But to get an idea of what went into it, have a look here.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/421620...57690986897825
        Very curious what the 300 can deliver. So far I really like it!
        Cheers
        Dan

Comment

That's really good the image size is very impressive ,its quite a challenge to keep on it
          My best with canon 5dsr 600f4 + 1.4 then 2x then both TCs 3x
          I don't think I can better this .

Rob.

You can't beat a Lensmaster can you Dan
          Attached Files

Comment

Given the challenging conditions these are excellent shots.
            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
            Learn something new every day

Comment

No chance without the Lensmaster!

Those are really good! Just getting it in the frame is a real feat with that much glass on the camera!

Comment

Superb results..

Considering the IS is some 260 miles away, the photos are a triumph of technique...............

I have tried on several occasions to get the beast at night, with little luck.

Impressed.

Comment

The way I do it is to try and work out the ark it will take and have the tripod and gimbal high so that as it gets closer and the lens goes more vertical I can still keep with it without having to crouch down too much.
                  its not easy and a bit of luck is needed I doubt I will better what I have .
                  Rob.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom