Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensor dust issues on Olympus m4/3 cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sensor dust issues on Olympus m4/3 cameras?

I have had 5 cameras since 2011
    I have had dust issues twice my ex demo E-M1 arrived with a massive dust bunny but it went away
    I did have to clean a massive object from my E-M1 which it couldnt shift recently the first sensor I have cleaned.

I am not that careful about changing lenses and my cameras do not have it easy

I worry about sea spray

splash by Alf Branch, on Flickr
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Regards,
      Mark

------------------------------
      http://www.microcontrast.com
      Too much Oly gear.
      Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
      Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

I have used five FT & mFT bodies, E-1, 3 & 5 and E-M1 & M1ii, and I have never noticed any dust in images. I have occasionally seen a hot pixel, if that's the correct term, with the E-M1ii but that's a different problem entirely. It has happened so rarely that I haven't been motivated yet to get it fixed.

Cheers,

JohnGG

Comment

Since getting into the Oly system starting with the E-330, 6 Fourthird have passed through my hands and then moving on to the EPL-1 till today, 5 Microfourthird, only 1 of the Em1mk2 had to have the sensor cleaned twice. Once was after a trip to Hokkaido where a pollen hooked to the sensor and another after my first trip to Bromo when a volcanic ash got in.

Those were the only 2 times I had to send the camera in for professional cleaning. Other than that, pointing the camera downwards, with the Body Cap on, and few ON/Off of the sensor manage to dislodge the dust and a blow or 2 with a rocket blower.

Just a note, I also have 2 Panasonic, GX7 and GX8, Both had to have their sensor professionally cleaned. No amount of on/off or blower could get it clean.
          * Henry
          * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Like drmarkf I always take more than one body on safari and have rarely had to change a lens. I've not had any dust problems in twelve years with FT and MFT bodies.
            David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Working...
            X