A Wish List for Mr Watanabe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Wish List for Mr Watanabe.

A simple, cheap and useful improvement would be to fit a sliding marker on batteries for the user to set according to the charge state. Red for discharged, amber for partially used and green for fully charged. Many times I have put a used or partially used battery in my bag, forgotten how much charge it had and got it mixed up with other batteries.

Steve
    Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
    Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
    My website

Comment

Item 10 would be a big one for me - I cant see why this cant be done as a firmware upgrade.

Oly has an excellent reputation for glass, and lots of people seem to use legacy glass on canon etc. It would also at a stroke help deal with the complaints about lens choice.

Comment

A one touch hyperfocal button ( should not be difficult camera knows what lens is attached and other parameters......)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
          Actually you are misinterpreting my view on 14-bit conversion

My view is that there is unlikely to be beneficial signal from the sensor above 12 bits. So why bother and increase the computational burden for no gain?

Ian
          Hi Ian,

I would like to see 14-bit added to the request list as several people have asked for this in the past.

The extra 2 bits are the least significant bits but important to stop rounding errors and side effects in photoshop e.g. converting from RGB to LAB and back14-bit would be of benefit.

Another item I would like added to the wish list is a mirror lockup that has the option to stay up for additional exposures, e.g. exposure bracketing rather than returning to the normal position after each picture is taken.

Comment

more support in middle east such as in Egypt and gulf markets.
            the dealers in these area so bad and make buying a camera from olympus as a risk becouse no support after purchasing.

Comment

The ability to automatically save to the other card when xd and CF are in the camera. IE, when CF say, is full, to automatically save to xd card.
              sigpicDave

Comment

Regarding to 6.
                Some affordable Standard long Telephoto lenses.
                I think of a 650-1300mm similar to the Samyang produced 650-1300mm but then with an AF-MF switch mode which would be a nice addition. Maybe some Telephoto lens to fill the gap between the 70-300mm and a 650-1300mm? You might think of a 200-600mm or something like that.

(universal) Battery Grip for all E-System cameras.

Standardization of the batteries for the E-system cameras. There are now for the different models different batteries in use. Use 1 type of battery on all E-system cameras (for instance the BLS-1)

Greetz,
                André de Wit
                The Netherlands

Oly OMD E-M 10 Mark II
                Oly E-420
                Oly Zuiko ED 70-300mm 1:4-5.6
                Oly Zuiko ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6
                Oly Zuiko EZ 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6
                Oly Zuiko ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6
                Samyang/Delamax 650-1300mm 1:8-16 Manual Telephoto Lens
                Chinon 500mm mirror 1:8-16 Manual Telephoto Lens

https://adewit7.wixsite.com/aviationphotography

Comment

Originally posted by buddha01 View Post
                  Regarding to 6.
                  I think of a 650-1300mm similar to the Samyang produced 650-1300mm but then with an AF-MF switch mode which would be a nice addition. Maybe some Telephoto lens to fill the gap between the 70-300mm and a 650-1300mm? You might think of a 200-600mm or something like that.

Standardization of the batteries for the E-system cameras. There are now for the different models different batteries in use. Use 1 type of battery on all E-system cameras (for instance the BLS-1)

Greetz,
                  You do realise this thread is three years old?
                  It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Yes David i do. Doesn't mean you can post to it.
                    There are always points to improve and new wishes from (happy) customers/users of the E-system 4/3 cameras. If we don't tell what we want, wish to see or might need in the next model and/or near future, how will Olympus executives know then?
                    Without us, customers, they can't exist. We buy their products and use it, therefore we are important to them.
                    Greetz,
                    André de Wit
                    The Netherlands

Oly OMD E-M 10 Mark II
                    Oly E-420
                    Oly Zuiko ED 70-300mm 1:4-5.6
                    Oly Zuiko ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6
                    Oly Zuiko EZ 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6
                    Oly Zuiko ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6
                    Samyang/Delamax 650-1300mm 1:8-16 Manual Telephoto Lens
                    Chinon 500mm mirror 1:8-16 Manual Telephoto Lens

https://adewit7.wixsite.com/aviationphotography

Comment

There are always points to improve and new wishes from (happy) customers/users of the E-system 4/3 cameras. If we don't tell what we want, wish to see or might need in the next model and/or near future, how will Olympus executives know then?
                      Without us, customers, they can't exist. We buy their products and use it, therefore we are important to them.
                      Greetz,
                      By all means post in this thread, you are more than welcome. However, it is worth noting that things have moved on fundementally since the last post on 21st April 2009 - at that time the first Olympus Micro Four Thirds camera had not even been announced! I suspect that any such list would now need to go to somebody other than Mr Watanabe.
                      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Regarding to 6.

Greetz,
                        I like the concept of an affordable AF 650mm-1300mm telephoto. F2.8?
                        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Greetz,
                          Well as regard to your wishlist you need to be realistic, you'll never see a 650-1300 from Olympus.

You'll never see a universal battery grip as the various bodies all have different base plates and battery chamber locations.

As for a standard battery, there will be yet another battery when the OM-D starts shipping.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                            I like the concept of an affordable AF 650mm-1300mm telephoto. F2.8?
                            Yeah, it would only need a front element 232.143mm in diameter if they made it a f/2.8-5.6 variable aperture lens.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by David M View Post

As for a standard battery, there will be yet another battery when the OM-D starts shipping.
                              This is true, but it must be remembered that batteries too need constant improvement if they are to keep up with the increasing power demands of the latest cameras. At least Olympus cameras allow te use of third party batteries, unlike Panasonic.
                              John

Comment

Originally posted by David M View Post
                                Yeah, it would only need a front element 232.143mm in diameter if they made it a f/2.8-5.6 variable aperture lens.
                                Just as well the E-M5 has a substantial grip!
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X