Hard plastic case for BLN-1 batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard plastic case for BLN-1 batteries

At the moment I keep all my BLN-1 batteries in a very small sealable plastic bag, partly because they do not come with a base / terminal cover and partly to help protect the battery from dust etc. But I also want something more solid and have seen occasional questions on the forum re recommendations for battery covers and/or cases.
    So I put an order in to Amazon for the JJC hard plastic 65x45x28mm BC-1 case for use with the Olympus BLN-1 battery, which is slightly smaller.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LM21GA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o02_s00"]JJC 65 x 45 x 28 mm BC-1 Battery Pack Case Storage: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@51hMJzz4yCL[/ame]
    As the BLN-1 battery is smaller in every dimension I cut and made two inserts of cut cork tile...and BLN-1 battery is held firm without rattling.
    The battery case also has a good lock to ensure that the case stays sealed against dust ingress.
    I'm also awaiting some 60x38x18 cases which aren't as sturdy, to see how useful they are in comparison, but if you want a strong battery case for the BLN-1 then take a look at the JJC case

Regards
    Chris
    If I'm out I'm JustSwanningAround
    or more often at www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Re: Hard plastic case for BLN-1 batteries

Nice, but are they really necessary? I have 2 BLN-1 batteries per camera; one is in use and the other fixed to the charger and under the JJC neoprene cases containing either my 45mm f1.8 or 17mm f1.8 within the padded camera bag compartment.

Comment

As I carry spares in an inner pocket to keep them warm, these will be very useful, thanks for the heads up.
      The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Originally posted by Imageryone View Post
        As I carry spares in an inner pocket to keep them warm, these will be very useful, thanks for the heads up.
        Of course, if one is a heavy user and needs to carry 2 or 3 charged spares in pockets, these cases would be ideal given the nice and predictable British weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Loup Garou View Post
          Nice, but are they really necessary? I have 2 BLN-1 batteries per camera; one is in use and the other fixed to the charger and under the JJC neoprene cases containing either my 45mm f1.8 or 17mm f1.8 within the padded camera bag compartment.
          For me, yes, as I have several batteries and various camera bags, some subtle messenger bags with no inner pockets, some proper camera bags with lots of storage, and sometimes they will be in a coat pocket out in the wet and windy wilds. So although the small plastic sealable bags are fine, I wanted something solid that clearly seals the battery, but finding a suitable sealable box was something that I was having difficulty with. This is a little larger than ideal, but it is solid, well built, adaptable and sealable.
          Cheers
          Chris

Comment

In the days when I had an E20 which ate AA batteries I kept them in one of those plastic boxes with an insert that held eight. There were others sorts of insert too. If you remove the insert it will take 3xBLN1.
            David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Thanks Chris, I too have been keeping them in the plastic bags and wondering about a more robust solution. Please update us when you have tried the smaller ones.

John

Comment

I read this last night and was convinced you had found and demonstrated a robust and waterproof solution to look after bite size chocolate brownies. I either need more sleep or an eye test.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguru View Post
                  I read this last night and was convinced you had found and demonstrated a robust and waterproof solution to look after bite size chocolate brownies. I either need more sleep or an eye test.
                  Yes, I've had a few comments about this and had to take a look again at my photo....and very clearly it is chocolate brownies holding the batteries in place! Possibly one of those great ideas that goes without recognition..."when recharging your camera why not recharge yourself with our integral high energy chocolate brownie!"
                  Cheers
                  Chris

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and information I shall be giving the JJC boxes a go. Not sure I'll put brownies in the bottom though [emoji1]
                    Be nice, do your best, don't fuss.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom