Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third party batteries for the EM1ii (and EM1X)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Third party batteries for the EM1ii (and EM1X)

Originally posted by Melaka View Post
    Looking at Amazon today I notice the Patona Platinum is no longer listed but the Premium is.
    Steve

Comment

I've used my two batteries once each which isn't enough to tell how long they last once they are 'run in'. My subjective impression is that they're not lasting as long at this stage as I would like.
      David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

I've used ExPro for my earlier cameras and they always seemed to be slightly lower capacity than the Olympus, but I'm reasonably happy with them. One started to expand, but the others have been fine.

I'd have bought ExPro BLH-1s but they don't have the chip to play nicely with the charger and camera, so I've gone for these. I guess I'll find out how they compare in time.
        Steve

Comment

Regards,
          Mark

------------------------------
          http://www.microcontrast.com
          Too much Oly gear.
          Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
          Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Mine came from Germany and took a long time over it!
            David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

I'm envious of the game drives and look forward to seeing the photos! I always use a battery grip in those circumstances which virtually eliminates the risk of losing power at a key moment. Some third party batteries, including the Patona Platinum, have a nominal capacity which can be up to 50% more than the original.
              David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

If you can cope with the extra bulk and weight, a very good reason to use the grip, with battery priority set to it. If the grip battery goes flat at a crucial moment, the camera will revert to running on its own internal one.
                Best Regards
                Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
                They're Watching You!

Comment

There seem to be so many variables that significantly affect the battery discharge rate
                  (e.g. operating temperature, chimping, use of the settings menu and/or SCP, IS mode, variation of current draw for the focus motor in differing lens types, EVF vs Liveview, etc. to name but a few.)
                  Chris

Comment

I've now also got a Green Cell battery. This is rated at 1900mAh. It charges in the Olympus charger and gives the right reading in the camera but I have yet to find how long it lasts. Interestingly the instructions are the same, word for word, as those for the Patona Platinum.
                    David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Comment

Reliable testing of longevity is difficult as earlier posts have pointed out. The inference from the (identical) instructions for the Green Cell and the Patona Platinum batteries is that you need to do at least three full charging cycles before getting full functionality. I am some way off that.
                        David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

I wasn't thinking of doing anything about it for a couple of months, but any feedback any time would be welcome.

Graham

Comment

Just a quick question -

Are all these batteries mentioned being bought from Amazon?

If not it would be nice to know where they are being found and bought from so that others can look and make their choice.

Thanks

Comment

The two Patona Platinum BLH-1s I ordered from Amazon.de turned up yesterday and have charged up OK in the Olympus charger and display correctly in camera.
                              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                                Just a quick question -

Are all these batteries mentioned being bought from Amazon?

If not it would be nice to know where they are being found and bought from so that others can look and make their choice.

Thanks
                                The Dot.Foto ones I mentioned came to me from ebay, but note that they are advertised with at least two capacities.
                                The two I have both seem to charge OK with the Olympus charger, as well as the ExPro one, and seem to be recognised by the cameras as genuine.
                                I've not had either the camera, or the batteries long enough to give an informed opinion on longevity, but initially they seem broadly compatible with my only genuine battery
                                Best Regards
                                Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
                                They're Watching You!

Comment

Working...
                                X